CSCTR Early Career Development Awards
2015 APPLICATION SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED.
Award Recipients will be announced by March 2, 2015.
Early Career Development Award (ECDA) Eligibility Requirements:
- ECDA applicants must hold an MD, DO, MD/PhD, or PhD. PhD applicants must be conducting translational research within a clinical department or hold an appointment in clinical department. Applications from candidates with a current K Award or equivalent (e.g. VA Career Development Award, or American Heart Association SDG Award) are strongly encouraged and priority is given to candidates associated with institutions from the Central region of the United States.
Conditions of the Award
- The ECDA award amount is $10,000.
- The term (funding period) for the ECDA is for one year.
- If necessary, funds can be carried over for up to three years. Proper justification must be sent to the CSCTR Administrative office for CSCTR Executive committee review and approval.
- Funds may be used for any combination of salary and/or lab support. Institutional indirect or general overhead costs cannot be covered by the award.
- Award recipients are encouraged to make proper acknowledgements in presentations and publications resulting from the research sponsored by the award. Award recipients are also encouraged to also notify CSCTR of any publications resulting from the work supported by the Award.
- All awardees must submit a research abstract to the CSCTR/MWAMFR Combined Annual Meeting that is based on the work supported by the ECDA.
- All awardees must submit a brief written report at the end of their funding period (or at the end of the first year). This report must be sent to the CSCTR Council, and include information about the work accomplished as a result of this award. This information will be used by CSCTR for future planning.
Application Submission Process
The EDCA application must be submitted via the CSCTR web site. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- Application submissions must include:
- A copy of applicant current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A brief research application including: 1) statement of candidates interests, background and goals (1 page limit), and 2) research plan (3 page limit)
- The current submission deadline is January 30, 2015.
- All applications will be reviewed by a CSCTR appointed ECDA Review Committee.
- The ECDA Review Committee will score the applications based on the significance of the research findings reported in the abstract, the letters of recommendation, and the assessment of the overall promise of the investigator reflected in the CV.
- Application review decisions are final.